EA are understandably proud to announce that the Need For Speed franchise has now sold over 100 million copies.
The number comes from internal EA data but other statistics show the number to be 93.8 million, meaning that EA aren’t completely wide of the mark. Either that or there’s a truck parked somewhere in the desert with 6.2 million copies of NFS games.
Since launching in 1994 and apparently generating over $2.7 billion, Need For Speed has included fifteen titles.
Amongst their joy, EA have found the time to put together some fun statistics:
- Released in 22 languages in over 60 countries
- Players have raced over 279 billion miles of roads & race tracks
- Generated over 17 trillion user-generated vehicle customizations
- If Need for Speed boxes were laid out end-to-end, it would span 173,609 football fields
- 100M units represents nearly every household in the United States and is 3x the population of Canada
Source: EA PR