EA seem to be a major exponent of Day 1 DLC. First there was the Mass Effect 3 DLC, and now the news that Dead Space 3 will be launching with 11 (11!?) different packs.
I’ve always found Day 1 DLC to be frustrating to say the least. I’ve just shelled out for a game and they’re already expecting me to pay for more stuff? Often it is things that barely add to the game anyway, so it just feels like it was a waste of money.
Well, with 11 separate packs, there’s going to be a lot of that feeling. Eurogamer spotted a list of the packs on the American PS Store, including packs that add weapons and costumes for Isaac, and some packs that make gathering resources easier.
Below is a list of the DLC packs, thanks to again to Eurogamer:
- Bot Capacity Upgrade – $4.99
- Bot Personality Pack – $4.99
- First Contact Pack – Free
- Marauder Pack – $4.99
- Sharpshooter Pack – $4.99
- Tundra Recon Pack – $4.99
- Witness the Truth Pack – $4.99
- Bot Accelerator – $4.99
- Epic Weapon & Resource Pack – $2.99
- Online Pass – $9.99
- Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack – $1.99
- Resource Pack – $0.99
So that’s the lot. It’s a pretty penny for the lot, but they hardly seem to add anything to the actual game. Seriously though, 11!?